Our little Volcano Village is the perfect spot to relax. Slightly cooler with less humidity, it’s a hidden rainforest retreat! We are a small town just Hilo side of Volcanoes National Park. Our beautiful little artist community is a great resting spot for seeing the east side of the island with it's rainforest, orchid gardens, winery, hiking trails, farmers markets -- simply an amazing place. Perfectly situated between the green and black sand beaches, the uniqueness of Pahoa, and old Hawaii in Hilo town . We hope you will come discover it for yourself, and love it just as much as we do!Guest access
Now, a little about the little house.
Puolani Iki gives you just enough room to settle in and recover from your day hiking and exploring the east side of the Big Island. With a comfy living room/full kitchen, master bedroom, and spacious bath, this little house provides everything you need for a few nights in the rainforest.
The master bedroom has one very comfortable king size bed with memory foam topper, and the couch in the living room can comfortably accommodate a child.
We pride ourselves on thinking of the details and giving you something just a little extra, but if you are looking for 5-star luxury accommodations, this probably isn’t the place for you. If you want your own adorable, private cottage nestled into the rainforest, we would love to have you stay with us!
Some features of Puolani Iki:
• House is situated on the lot to provide maximum privacy
• Ample Parking
• Full size range, oven, and refrigerator/freezer
• Drip and percolator coffee makers and tea kettle
• King size bed with fresh, clean linens
• Heated mattress pad
• Safe for your valuables
• Headlamps and binoculars for nighttime lava viewing
• Spacious bathroom with tub and shower
• Heated towel bar
• Toiletries, including shampoo/conditioner, sunscreen and lotion
• Bath and beach towels
• Washer and dryer, plus laundry supplies
• Movable heater for cool nights, fan for warm days
For those looking to telework, we are very tech friendly.
• High speed fiber internet (500meg/300meg)
• Drop-in, hotel-style workstation with 1080p HD monitor, keyboard, and mouse
• Various charging cables
• USB hub and power strip
• Bluetooth speaker
• Bedside charging pads
• Outlets (3-prong and USB)
• HD TV with Apple TV and streaming services such as Netflix, Hulu, CBS, PBS, etc. and Airplay from any Apple device
• Kitchen table provides a secondary workspace
Special COVID safety measures. We take cleaning and your safety very seriously.
• The house is cleaned to the highest CDC standards and UV-C sanitized.
• All linens are throughly cleaned and changed between guests, and all surfaces disinfected.
• Cooking supplies are individually packaged and new for each set of guests.
• We allow a minimum of 72 hours between reservations.
• The house is equipped with a Blueair air filtration system which cleans any airborne viruses and bacteria from the air.
• A dehumidifier keeps the moisture lower (we are in the rainforest!).
• We provide contact-free checkin and electronic area guide.
If you have any questions about our processes, please feel free to reach out.
You will have your own key and have the whole place to yourself. Your own Hawaiian cottage.Additional notes
Individually packed coffee, tea, sugar, and creamer are provided. There are some small, convenience-style stores in Volcano and larger grocery stores 20-30 minutes away.Guest interaction
Baby items (high chair, pack and play, etc.) can be provided. Just let us know.
Please note that proof of a NEGATIVE COVID-19 test is required for each member of your party prior to check-in. Testing is required to avoid a 10-day quarantine on Hawaii island. Guests cannot legally quarantine in a vacation rental. Failure to provide proof of a negative test result before check-in could result in cancelation of your reservation and enforcement of our cancelation policy.
We live in Volcano and are here if you need us. if you need anything during your stay, we're just a phone call or text away.Neighborhood overview
Puolani Iki is located 35 minutes from Hilo and about 2 hours from Kona. We are just 4 easy miles from the entrance to Volcanoes National Park. It’s in a quiet neighborhood on just under 1/3 of an acre, surrounded by lush rainforest and lots of native plants.Getting around
Just across the highway is Volcano Village where you will find several restaurants, a community center, Volcano Art Gallery, and the wonderful early morning Sunday Volcano Farmers Market.
This is a big island and a rental car is required to get the most out of your experience.