Our little Volcano Village is the perfect spot to relax. Slightly cooler with less humidity, it’s a hidden rainforest retreat! Volcano Village is a small town just Hilo side of Volcanoes National Park. We are a beautiful little artist community and great resting spot for seeing the east side of the island with it's rainforest, orchid gardens, winery, hiking trails, farmers markets -- simply an amazing place. Perfectly positioned between the green and black sand beaches, the uniqueness of Pahoa, and old Hawaii in Hilo town . We hope you will come discover it for yourself, and love it just as much as we do!Guest access
Now, a little about the house -- a warm and comfortable little piece of Hawaiiana.
Beautiful craftsmanship abounds in our one bedroom (plus a comfy pull out couch), upgraded bath home in the beautiful Volcano community. From the carved bar to the lava rock fireplace to the Jacuzzi jetted tub, we've paid attention to every detail. French doors from the living room and bedroom give you plenty of indoor/outdoor living. Play horseshoes out back, settle in under the stars and enjoy the fire pit, or create a gourmet dinner to enjoy on the private lanai - make yourself at home!
Some features of Hau’oli Place:
• Spacious lanai with a gas grill, perfect for dining, relaxing, or making colleagues jealous during Zoom calls on your "co-working" vacation
• High speed cable internet
• House is situated on the lot to provide maximum privacy
• Ample Parking
• Guidebooks, magazines, and various other reading material
• Board games (be a kid again!)
• Full kitchen with full size gas stove and oven and refrigerator/freezer
• Access to washer and dryer
• Cooking basics including coffee, tea, sugar, oil and vinegar, and a welcome bottle of wine.
• Drip and percolator coffee makers and tea kettle
• Queen size bed with clean linens in private bedroom with french doors leading to the lanai
• Heated mattress pad for those cool nights
• Queen size pull out couch in the living room
• Electric blanket to cozy under
• French doors from the living room onto the private lanai, doubling your living space
• Lava rock gas burning fireplace
• Hand carved koa bar
• HD TV with cable and bluray DVD player
• Slate tiled bathroom with deep soaking tub
• Toiletries, including shampoo/conditioner
• Beach and bath towels
• Fire pit to make your outdoor experience complete!
• Horseshoe pit
We take cleaning very seriously. The house is cleaned to the highest CDC standards and UV sanitized. All linens are throughly cleaned and changed between guests, and all surfaces disinfected. Cooking supplies are individually packaged and new for each set of guests. We allow a minimum of 48 hours between reservations. If you have any questions about our processes, please feel free to reach out.
You will have your own key and have the whole place to yourself. Your own Hawai'ian mountain escape.Additional notes
Individually packed coffee, tea, sugar, and creamer are provided. There are some small, convenience-style stores in Volcano and larger grocery stores (Phone number hidden by Airbnb) minutes away.Guest interaction
Baby items (high chair, pack and play, etc.) can be provided. Just let us know.
Please note that proof of a NEGATIVE COVID-19 test is required for each member of your party prior to checking. Testing is required to avoid a 14-day quarantine on Hawaii island. Guests cannot legally quarantine in a vacation rental. Failure to provide proof of a negative test result before check-in could result in cancelation of your reservation and enforcement of our cancelation policy.
TA (Phone number hidden by Airbnb) STVR (Phone number hidden by Airbnb)
If you need anything during your stay, we live right next door and are just a phone call away.Neighborhood overview
This cozy little "Happy Place" is hidden in the beautiful Ohia forest, only 5 minutes from Volcanoes National Park. The perfect home away from home couples or small families exploring all eastern Hawai'i has to offer!Getting around
We are located about 2 hours from the Kona airport and a half hour from Hilo. This is a big island and a rental car is required to get the most out of your experience.