WHAT’S UP WITH THE VOLCANO?Guest access
The national park is OPEN (partially with the government shutdown) and the crater is STUNNING! They are continually evaluating new trails and sites within the park and opening them up to visitors - we'll message you before your stay with the latest!
Even outside the park, there is much to do! Our little Volcano Village is the perfect spot to relax. Slightly cooler with less humidity and no vog, it’s a hidden rainforest retreat! Volcano Village is a small town just Hilo side of Volcanoes National Park. We are a beautiful little artist community and great resting spot for seeing the east side of the island with it's rainforest, orchid gardens, winery, hiking trails, farmers markets -- simply an amazing place. Perfectly between the green and black sand beaches, the uniqueness of Pahoa, and old Hawaii in Hilo town . We hope you will come discover it for yourself, and love it just as much as we do!
Now, a little about the house -- a warm and comfortable little piece of Hawaiiana.
Beautiful craftsmanship abounds in our one bedroom (plus a comfy pull out couch), upgraded bath home in the beautiful Volcano community. From the carved bar to the lava rock fireplace to the Jacuzzi jetted tub, we've paid attention to every detail. French doors from the living room and bedroom give you plenty of indoor/outdoor living. Play horseshoes out back, settle in under the stars and enjoy the fire pit, or create a gourmet dinner to enjoy on the private lanai - make yourself at home!
Some features of Hau’oli Place:
· NEW - Fresh Volcano produce delivery
• Spacious lanai for dining and relaxing, with gas grill
• House is situated on the lot to provide maximum privacy
• Ample Parking
• Guidebooks, magazines, and various other reading material
• Board games (be a kid again!)
• Full kitchen with full size gas stove and oven and refrigerator/freezer
• Cooking basics including coffee, tea, sugar, pancake mix, pasta and rice, oil and vinegar, water, sweet treats, and a welcome bottle of wine.
• Drip and percolator coffee makers and tea kettle
• Queen size bed with clean linens in private bedroom with french doors leading to the lanai
• Heated mattress pad for those cool nights - NEW!
• Queen size pull out couch in the living room
• Electric blanket to cozy under - NEW!
• French doors from the living room onto the private lanai, doubling your living space
• Lava rock gas burning fireplace
• Hand carved koa bar
• HD TV with cable and bluray DVD player
• Cable wifi internet connection
• Slate tiled bathroom with deep, Jacuzzi soaking tub
• Toiletries, including shampoo/conditioner, bath wash, and lotion
• Beach and bath towels
• Firepit to make your outdoor experience complete! (wood provided)
• Horseshoe pit
You will have your own key and have the whole place to yourself. Your own Hawai'ian mountain escape.Additional notes
We highly recommend staying in Volcano at least two nights so you can enjoy the sights without feeling too rushed. We will consider single night reservations and short notice stays in some cases. If you're visiting the volcano and don't want to drive back late at night, please message us for availability.Guest interaction
Coffee & basic cooking items are provided. There are some small, convenience-style stores in Volcano, but if you don't want to spend your valuable vacation time shopping, concierge groceries available with advanced notice.
Baby items (high chair, pack and play, etc.) can be provided for $20 per stay. Just let us know and we'll send you an "Airbnb special offer".
We welcome everyone and would love to have you stay with us!
*We pay our taxes! All prices included Hawaii GET tax of 4.166% and Hawaii Transit Accommodations Tax of 10.25%. You will receive a line itemized invoiced upon checkin. Mahalo!
We would love to meet you and welcome you to your new home. If you need anything during your stay, we're just a phone call away.Neighborhood overview
This cozy little "Happy Place" is hidden in the beautiful Ohia forest, only 5 minutes from Volcanoes National Park. The perfect home away from home couples or small families exploring all eastern Hawai'i has to offer!Public transportations
We are located about 2 hours from the Kona airport and a half hour from Hilo. This is a big island and a rental car is required to get the most out of your experience.